2 Corinthians 4:10

"We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body." 2 Corinthians 4:10

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Safari's Rock!


Yesterday was an awesome day! I traveled at 5:30 am with 4 other volunteers and our lovely house coordinator Alicia to Aquila, which is a natural game reserve about 3 hours from where we live. It was an amazingly beautiful day in S. Africa. The sun was out, the sky was blue, and the was a slight coolness about the air. It was gorgeous and we all had a wonderful time reveling in God's creation.

When we got there we were greeted by a friendly staff who led us into their restaurant where we were welcomed with lovely smells of a hot and cold breakfast...I mean this buffet was amazing. There was literally every kind of breakfast food you could ever want or need here. We sat and ate...and ate :) And then we piled into a safari truck and were off on the reserve. It was so awesome to see animals in their natural habitat...up close and personal. We saw Kudu, water buffalo, lions, elephants, rhinos, hippos, springbok, zebras, and a wonderful giraffe who stuck around for a million pictures. It's so weird to think that just yesterday I was literally about 20 feet from a live giraffe! Crazy :) I took lots of pictures and will share them when I return back to the states. Internet is slow so I'm unable to download them here, but they are amazing. We then came back after about 2-3 hours to a lovely buffet lunch. It was a great day. We all laughed, relaxed, and had a great time.

I'm mostly thankful that I was able to get to know some of the volunteers who I hadn't really connected with yet. I had been praying about this and God, as always, answers prayers. This little safari was exactly what we needed to connect and bond....no complaining . . .no negativity . . .. no objections, just fun and enjoying each others' company. It was wonderful and I couldn't help but smile at the Lord's provision in this way.

I love you all....next week is a big week. I'll be doing some more support groups, also speaking to the care clinic support staff, and going into a couple of schools with the LSE's (one primary and one secondary) to see them teach some lessons. I'm super excited! THEN....the team gets here on Friday - whoop! - and our time will begin in Overcome. Pray for this coming week; that I can do what is asked with a humble, faithful, and servant's heart and that the Lord will bless my words to help those who I am speaking to and with. Also continue to pray for the children in the townships here as they prepare for the Wait For Me concert and their commitments to abstain for sex before marriage.

Loving you all! Jac

4 comments:

  1. Safafi?! Awesome! I went to Cali for a wedding this last weekend and missed our last group meeting and felt really bummed. I'm already missing our group when we don't get to hang out for long periods of time. Everyone else is probably already sick of me though.

    I'm a little bewildered that we're gonna be getting on a plane in two days, even though I just got off of one last night. This one is going to be much different. Spending this last weekend with old friends really pointed out to me the tangible differences between my childhood friends who are mostly non-believers and my church friends. Even though I only know our crew from our few meetings, I already feel like I have greater things in common with them. Bitter sweet, but definitely making me excited for our time together.

    Hold it down, only 48 hrs left...

    -Shawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaci,
    you are so amazing. Glad your time there is treating you well. And as you must know we are sooo excited to be seeing you soon. JUST WANNA GET ON THAT PLANE =)
    We are praying for you, our team, the children there and all the townships.
    Your Safari sounds amazing! hang in there and we will see you in a short two days and counting.. love you so much.
    God Bless you my sweet friend.. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait until you guys get here! :) Loves!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw the safari pics on your facebook...looks amazing!! We all miss you and are excited to get you back and hear about all the amazing adventures you are having:) Love, Rach

    ReplyDelete