2 Corinthians 4:10

"We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body." 2 Corinthians 4:10

Friday, July 23, 2010

How fast the week has gone!

I just realized that all of my posts recently are about how fast time is flying here in Cape Town. But it's true that once you are here, days quickly turn into weeks. Before I know it, the team will be here (yay!) and then in a blink we'll be flying home to our friends and family back home. . . changed forever by this experience but so much more fulfilled in our journey.

First I want to thank you all for praying for me and continuing to send encouraging comments to me. It means a lot! I've realized as I've been here "alone" that it is a much different experience than being in the presence of those whom you've grown to love, care for, and respect over the course of team trainings, team hikes and outings, and living life together. Although I have wonderful S. African friends here who have welcomed me with open arms and have made my ministry time here fun, I still miss those of you who really know me, those who love me unconditionally. So needless to say, although I am experiencing things that I would have never had the chance to on a team, I will be ecstatic to see my team come through the gates at the Cape Town airport. :)

I've been busy this week with Living Hope. Today was LSE training, where we prepare for next weeks lessons for schools team and kids/teens club. It's been great to see their curriculum and how they process and prepare for what they will be doing for the next week. We begin the 10 Commandments next week (one commandment per week) and Danielle and the LSE's are working hard to make sure that this is practical and applicable to the kid's daily lives.

The Teen's team is busy getting ready for the Wait For Me concert on the 31st, which is coming fast. They are doing an amazing job of planning and I am loving getting to know them and being a part of their preparation. This concert is a big deal and it is the first time that the LSE's are planning it. I'm super proud of them! They are working over time to make this special and I see how much their hearts go into making this an event that the teens in the townships will not soon forget. I'm just finishing up the 1-2 day lesson that our team will be doing for the teen's in Overcome. I'm sad because it does not look like the teen's club will be participating in the Wait For Me as none of them have signed commitment forms (to commit to abstain prior to marriage). It makes me wonder what they are struggling with and going through in their daily lives (peer pressure or maybe they think because they've already made a mistake, they aren't worthy?) that may be hindering them. Shagmie and Stacy (LSE's for Overcome) have done a great job of talking about redemption in Christ with them. The seeds have been planted and now I just pray that it continues to grow.

Tomorrow I'm off to do a short safari in a place not too far from Cape Town (about 2 hrs). I'm excited to go and see some wildlife. This is an awesome opportunity that I'm truly grateful for - - don't worry! I'll take lots of pictures. I've heard good things - they give you a nice breakfast and lunch I hear. Mmmmm - yummy! But I have to leave here at 5:30 am so I better get off to bed.

With love - Jaclyn

P.S. Mom - it was so good to hear your voice today! :) It made me smile. Love you so so much.

2 comments:

  1. Just thinking about you Jac. Sounds like you've got the pot's going. Keep stirring! Keep stirring! It only takes one kid to commit to make a difference for their future generations (like Abraham...) Love you! praying for your mission...

    PS, don't pet the big kitties :) Patrick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks duder! I love you....I have a funny story about the "big kitties" when I get home :) Loves!

    ReplyDelete