2 Corinthians 4:10

"We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body." 2 Corinthians 4:10

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Finally on the ground in Cape Town - Whew!

Finally arrived in Cape Town, S. Africa safe and sound :)

So all in all my flights were non eventful. . . . the flight to London was a little late, but considering I had a 7 hour layover, I didn't mind. I was able to sleep on the plane so I felt blessed and a little rested. Then, the big excitement of my trip, I got upgraded on the longest leg of the journey to Cape Town.  Whoo hoo! Business class (Club World) is awesome! And I got to sleep laying down with a real pillow and nice blanket. I literally thanked God multiple times for this. . . .However I did wake up at 2 am and couldn't get back to sleep. That darn jet lag...bummer! Thank you to everyone for all of your prayers regarding my travel.

I landed on the ground and got my luggage. It had been raining all morning in Cape Town and the sun was starting to peek out. It was sunny for the rest of the afternoon, but it was quite chilly. I have officially bundled myself up and had my first nightly cup of Roibois tea...mmmmmm yummy! I love S. Africa.

I met Alicia at the airport, the house manager, for the ACTS volunteer house, and we went to go surprise my friend, Danielle - curriculum administrator for Living Hope - at the new Living Hope building on the Care Clinic grounds. It was awesome to see her and I had a warm (aka screaming) welcome ;)  I was then pleasantly surprised to arrive at the ACTS house to Gordon playing a pink sparkly guitar singing me a welcome song with Clynton (House Manager for the Team House), Francie (driver), and Charl (my contact for ACTS)....ahhhh I'm home! :) It was so nice to feel welcomed and loved. Thanks guys!

Once we got our hugs out of the way and the boys were on their way to actually go to work, Alicia told me the rules of the house, showed me my room, and I got to get a little nap in. BUT I can't help but be anxious to start working tomorrow. I'm so excited to find out what God has in store for me and I can't wait to see all of the kids and families in Overcome. OH! And let's not forget Shagmie...the awesome, amazing, dynamic Life Skills Educator. So, tomorrow morning Danielle picks me up and I meet with Mike Talley to see what's up for my stay. All I know is that I'll be working in Overcome and Capricorn. The rest is up to God...I know He has a plan and I'm simply trusting His way....wherever it leads.

Thank you all for praying for me. Please pray for this week and for tomorrow, that I can be a blessing and not a burden and that I can show the love of Jesus easily through my actions.

I love you all! Until next time..... In Him ~ Jaclyn

2 comments:

  1. Cannot believe you got bumped to first class on a British Airways flight! Their supposed to have the best 1st class around, what a ridiculous blessing. I can only pray I get an isle seat so my leg doesn't start barking at me.

    -Shawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS a good old friend of mine Amy Garis is in S. Africa now on a mission with YWAM. We were buds in the HS group at OCC and she's been a missionary with YWAM since we graduated college. Look her up if you have any down time:

    http://amyelizabethgaris.webs.com/

    -Shawn

    ReplyDelete