2 Corinthians 4:10

"We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body." 2 Corinthians 4:10

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

One more week!

It is crazy to me that in 1 week I'll be boarding the plane to London, which will then take me on to Cape Town, S. Africa. The anticipation is killing me! :) I can't wait to meet my S. African friends again . . .to see them in person and not on facebook ;) . . . . to see the families I met last year and to hold the children. I can't wait to get started on doing God's work of serving others. I can't wait for my teammates to come at the end of July and begin their journies. It makes me enormously happy just thinking about it.

As I was sitting, this morning, on my parents patio (I'm visiting them in the Tri Cities for a week), soaking in the sun and God's beautiful creations and sipping on my first cup of coffee, I was thinking about all of my hopes for this trip; for the team and for myself. I pray for protection for us, that we will have God's shield around us while we are traveling, and while we are in the townships and working with Living Hope. I pray for humble hearts, that when we interact with each other and with others in the field that we do not come in as foolish, arrogant Americans, but with servant's hearts, no strings attached, no prideful gain. I pray for our time with Living Hope, that we can be a blessing, not a burden to them. That we can listen to what they need and support them in what they need, always being humble and giving. I pray that God will move us in immeasurable ways while we are there, that He will shape and mold us in ways we can't even imagine in order to be broken and ready to continue His work wherever we end up. I pray for unity, that our team may be united and bonded and unbroken. I pray that we humble ourselves to each other, work together as one body, and continue to treat each other with respect and love. And mostly I pray that our trip is focused solely on God and His will. I want this trip to be about Him and I simply want to be His servant.

I know that we have many people praying for us and I am so thankful to have so many people who care and love us in our corners, encouraging, and supporting. It is so appreciated!

So . . . 1 more week for me! And 3 weeks and 1 day for the team! It's here . . .time to go to S. Africa!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you, Jaci -- and for ALL of the team! Not only for the work He'll do through you while you're there, but for the great things that will continue long after you've come home....you'll be in my prayers, on my mind, and I'll be checking in here regularly - !

    ReplyDelete