2 Corinthians 4:10

"We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body." 2 Corinthians 4:10

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Our Team Ministry Begins

Yesterday (Saturday), the team's second day in Cape Town, started with the Wait For Me concert at King of Kings Church (John and Avril Thomas' church). The team was amazing at jumping in and doing anything that was asked no matter how small. It was awesome to see how well they just integrated themselves and became servants. So cool! It was so much fun to go onto the buses and pin flowers in the girls' hair and boutonnieres on the boys. The kids were all so excited for this event and their faces glowed. There were skits played out, dance offs, and songs sung by the individual townships. It was awesome to see these youth supporting abstinence through so many different genres.

The team did an amazing job performing the Lifehouse "Everything" skit. We will post it to You Tube shortly and post a link to the blog as it was too big to post as a video. You are not going to want to miss out on watching this. Believe me! :)

I gave my testimony and I definitely felt the Lord with me. I was calm and collected and I felt as though I was talking with the teens I see everyday at work back home. It is amazing how the Lord can be present and calm you in a moment where your feeling vulnerable and exposed. It was an overwhelmingly emotional feeling to have my S. African and American friends there to support me. AWESOME is all I can think of to describe how the Lord has transformed me from last year until this year through giving my testimony. I hope and pray that the Lord spoke into those teenagers' hearts and that seeds were planted.

Today (Sunday) was our first day in Overcome Heights. We spent the morning at the Nazerene church in Overcome. Aaron preached on trusting the Lord and it was such a great message and a needed reminder to all of us old or new in our faith to remember that with the Lord we do not have to walk around blindfolded in our spirituality, but we also do not have to know our entire life's story in one day. We have to trust and then the Lord will lead our steps. I definitely needed that reminder. It was so great to see how the team reacted to such a warm welcome from Pastor Bassie and his congregation. They are our friends and our family in S. Africa. They sing a welcome song and everyone comes up and hugs and kisses. We saw so many people from last year. Very cool!

We then went to the waterfront in downtown Cape Town and hung out for awhile. It was a beautiful day...sunny and 65 degrees. Then we were off to the Nazerene church again for their youth service. The team once again performed the Lifehouse skit. They keep blowing me away with the amazing skills they have in touching people in this way. Then there were 3 testimonies tonight; Steph, Sean, and Ana. I keep using the word "amazing" but I'm telling you that this team is heaven sent - literally. The hand of God is covering this group and strongholds of fear, doubt, and insecurity are being demolished by Him. Steph continues to amaze me in her maturity as a 16-year-old. Wow! Mike and Tristin - you should be very proud of your little girl...who's not so little anymore FYI . . .The Lord has so many wonderful things in store for her. Sean's presence, talking about something so personal, was awesome to witness. Thank you to him for his boldness. I know there are teens and families who are going through the same things. Ana was equally amazing. She was nervous about giving her testimony but she was so calm, collected, and impactful the way that she portrayed herself up in front of those teens. Her message was so right on and was so needed. It is a message of hope and redemption through Jesus Christ - our only Saviour. So inspirational!

I am so proud of this team...proud to be a part of this team. Every person is on a journey and everyone of them (and myself) is being touched, moved, and molded through this trip. AND it's only really day two. Tomorrow we are touring Living Hope and doing our first Kid's club in Overcome as a team. I can't wait!! Please continue to pray for Overcome, Living Hope, our ACTS hosts, and our team in fulfilling our mission but also in listening, hearing, and moving in faith in what the Lord is trying to do in our lives.

Continually striving to be in Him ~ Jaclyn


3 comments:

  1. GREAT update! Thank you :) Grant and I chat about your trip and pray for you daily! We are so happy things are falling into place, and that God is using you in amazing ways.

    Can't wait to see the video! Ana- I'm SO proud of you for sharing your testimony (same to Shawn and Stephanie) but after many early morning chats about being vulnerable in front of strangers, it sounds like you did an INCREDIBLE job!

    Ah! I just love reading about how you guys are doing. Keep the posts coming!

    Oh, and Jelly- Lola mentioned that she misses you, but says she enjoys the few extra treats she receives as a result of us watching her ;)

    Love you all!
    G&A

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so fantastic to read your update. Having gone last year I feel like I am reliving portions of the trip and it is a blessing. We have been praying for you all everyday and throughout the day - especially for the Concert, Sunday services, and for the Kids Club.

    Thanks for watching over Steph - we appreciate this very much. We love her and are definitely very proud of her and how God is using her. We look forward to the You Tube video and wish we could hear all the testimonies, too.

    We pray that the Holy Spirit will continue to go ahead of you and that the time spent in Overcome Heights will be a blessed time! Keep up the energy, eat all of Nadine's great meals, stay flexible and unified, get some rest, and continue to be open to being used by God in mighty ways!

    Blessings,
    Mike and Tristen

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I just read through your blog (sorry, I'm a bad friend and haven't been keeping up with your posts) and Jaci, this makes me cry. What you guys are doing is so incredible. The way God works just blows me away. I am so loving what you guys are doing, there are really no words. I hope your remaining days are awesome!
    Much love, Hilary

    ReplyDelete