2 Corinthians 4:10

"We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body." 2 Corinthians 4:10

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

2 weeks and counting!

I'm amazed at how fast the time goes by....It feels like a few weeks ago that I had made the decision to make the journey to S. Africa again and now it is almost time for me to board the plane once again. Crazy!

I have a mix of emotions as I embark on this new adventure. . . those that come to my mind instantly are immense gratitude - - to my family and friends for supporting me and always encouraging me to take this step. Excitement and abounding love - - for the people of Cape Town, specifically in Overcome Heights, for the friends I have made there and their tireless efforts on a daily basis to fight overwhelming poverty and disease, and for the things that I will have the privilge to be a part of, to see, to hear and the children and people I will have the opportunity to hold, to love, and to serve. Longing - - to be closer to the Lord, for through our best efforts to do His will and His alone, I believe we are the closest we will ever be to Him. Fear - -Yes, fear....as the time for my trip draws nearer, I feel his presence and his desire to see me fail. The great deceiver rejoices when he can bring my deepest fears about flying and traveling alone to the surface. Humility and thankfulness - - that the Lord is on my side and will not let me fail. :) That He and He alone possesses the strength to make this happen. I find peace and comfort in the knowledge that the Lord is my shepard, my keeper, and my rock. He has the power to arm me against evil and to guide me towards His calling for my life. That keeps me going.

Romans 8:37-39
"No in all these things we are more than conquerers through Him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in creation will be able to seperate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

I knew that going on this trip would not be easy, but having all of my wonderful family and friends cheering me on still amazes me and helps me to take another step closer to July 13th. :) I can't wait for this year's OCC team to meet me on July 29th. They are awesome! And I feel so blessed to be serving beside them. Each one, I know, was hand-picked my God to be on this team and we are going to rock S. Africa and have a blast doing it!

1 comment:

  1. have a wonderful safe trip beautful Jaclyn. Your amazing. I can learn a lot from you. you are in my prayers.
    DD

    ReplyDelete